Want to join the oldest, the biggest, and the best Referee Society in the world? Click Join Us above!
Ts & Cs
These are the terms which apply to your use of:
• the website at londonrugby.com, operated by LSRFUR;
• social media sites of LSRFUR (such as Flickr or Facebook pages or Twitter feeds); and
• other online or electronic publications of LSRFUR.
In these terms:
• “Sites” refers to the londonrugby.com website and LSRFUR social media sites; and
• “Content” refers to the content of the Sites (including published information and materials) and other LSRFUR online or electronic publications.
The terms apply between you, the user of our Sites and Content, and LSRFUR.
BY USING THE SITES OR CONTENT, OR PROVIDING CONTENT TO LSRFUR, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITES OR USE OR PROVIDE CONTENT.
You acknowledge that operators of social media sites (such as Flickr, Facebook or Twitter) may have additional terms applicable to use of such sites, and you also agree to comply with such terms, as relevant, in relation to LSRFUR Sites and Content.
2. Access and changes
In order to access certain areas of the Sites or Content, you may need to be a member of LSRFUR and/or have a valid username and password.
LSRFUR (and other operators of the Sites, where applicable) have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Sites, including, without limitation, the Content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
3. Purpose of Sites and Content
The Sites and the Content provide information about LSRFUR and its activities and resources for its members. The Content may include information, opinions, images and other materials provided by third parties as well as by LSRFUR. Whilst LSRFUR seeks to provide information which is useful and that other users of its Sites agree to these terms:
• it is not intended that you or any other party depend on the Content and you should confirm any information before relying on it;
• without prejudice to sections 6.2 or 6.3, LSRFUR neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy of any opinion, advice or statement made by third parties; and
• LSRFUR does not evaluate every piece of Content to ensure it does not infringe intellectual property rights or breach any other law. Please notify LSRFUR if you believe any Content to be unlawful and we will seek to resolve the issue.
4. Restrictions on Use of Sites and Content
4.1 You shall use the Sites and Content for lawful and authorised purposes only. Any conduct by you that, in the reasonable opinion of LSRFUR, restricts or inhibits LSFUR or any other user from using or enjoying the Sites or the Content is not permitted.
4.2 The Content is protected by copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property or proprietary rights (“Intellectual Property Rights”), including, without limitation, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound. You may download one copy of any Content for your personal, non-commercial home use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by LSRFUR (in writing) or under intellectual property law, you may not:
• otherwise copy, modify, publish, distribute or commercially exploit any Content in any form or media;
• modify, reverse engineer or decompile any part of the underlying software for the Sites; nor
• change or remove any author attribution, trade mark legend or copyright notice.
You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership of or additional rights to use Content by accessing or downloading it.
4.3 You may not make any other unlawful or unauthorised use of any Content, including:
• unauthorised distribution or disclosure of confidential, personal or sensitive information; nor
• use of Content in any manner which may compete with LSRFUR or for other unauthorised commercial purposes.
4.4 You may not make any other unlawful or unauthorised use of LSRFUR’s or its service providers’ computers, networks, communications systems, servers or other equipment or software, including:
• attempting to gain unauthorised access; nor
• introducing or attempting to introduce any computer virus or other malware or cause any “denial or service” attack.
5. Content provided by you
5.1 You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available any material on the Sites or within the Content, nor make available to LSRFUR or another party any material for use on the Sites or within the Content, unless you have:
• the express permission of the owner(s) of any Intellectual Property Rights subsisting in such materials; and
• where required, the consent of any individual who is the subject of any personal data contained within such materials (which may include photographs of an individual).
The burden of determining the extent to which such permissions and consents are required rests with you.
5.2 By uploading, posting or making available any material as described in section
5.1, you grant, or warrant that the owner of rights in such material has expressly granted to LSRFUR, a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, display, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) on the Sites and within the Content and/or to incorporate it in other works for purposes relevant to the activities of LSRFUR (in digital or print, or any other form, media or technology).
You also permit any other user of the Sites and Content to access, view, store or reproduce the material in accordance with these terms.
If you wish to apply any limitations to the licence granted under this section 5.2, this should be discussed and agreed in advance with the Management Committee of LSRFUR.
5.3 You shall not post or transmit through the Sites any material:
• which is unlawful, threatening, discriminatory, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise (in the reasonable opinion of LSRFUR) objectionable;
• which contains personal political or religious views;
• which is inaccurate, deceptive, fraudulent or which makes a misrepresentation;
• without prejudice to section 4.1, whose publication or use by LSRFUR would be in breach of Intellectual Property Rights, data protection, privacy or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise infringes upon the rights of others; nor
• which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.
5.4 Without the express prior approval of LSRFUR, use the Sites to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, without limitation, posting or transmitting ‘spam’ or advertisements for products or services, or the solicitation of users to become subscribers of other on-line information services competitive with the Sites.
6. Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
6.1 Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit LSRFUR’s liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by negligence or other liability which cannot lawfully be excluded.
6.2 LSRFUR does not give any guarantees, warranties or representations about the Sites or the Content (including on completeness or accuracy, or that use of the Sites will be uninterrupted or error free).
6.3 Whilst we seek that other users agree to these terms, we are not responsible for the conduct of other parties who use our Sites and the Content. You agree not to hold us liable for any loss or damage incurred in relation to the Sites or Content as a result of the actions of third parties unauthorised by LSRFUR (including any misuse of material provided by you).
6.4 To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither LSRFUR nor its representatives will be liable for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or damages arising from your use of or inability to use the Sites or the Content, including, without limitation, lost business, profits or revenues, or loss of data.
[6.5 Without prejudice to the other limitations of liability in these terms (including this section 6), in no event shall LSRFUR's total liability to you relating to the Sites and/or Content exceed £150].
LSRFUR shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the Content (including material posted by you) to determine compliance with these terms, terms of operators of social media Sites, and any operating rules established by LSRFUR, and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorised government request. LSRFUR shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any Content or material submitted to or for, or posted on the Sites. Without limitation, LSRFUR shall have the right to remove any material that LSRFUR, in its reasonable opinion, finds to be in breach of these terms.
You agree to indemnify LSRFUR and its affiliates and their respective members, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable professional fees) arising as a result of your breach of these terms.
9. Data Protection
LSRFUR may collect and use your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and its privacy statement.
10. Trade Marks
The Content may include logos and trade marks of LSRFUR and other parties. You may not reproduce or use such logos or trade marks without the permission of their respective owners.
11. Third party websites, products and services
The Content may include links to third party websites, or advertisements for third party products or services. LSRFUR has no control or responsibility for the availability or content of such websites, nor the quality or availability of such products or services.
12. Changed or Additional Terms
LSRFUR has the right at any time to change or add to these terms for all or specific Sites or Content including, without limitation, adding fees and charges for use. Amended terms will be posted on the londonrugby.com website or may separately be notified to you. It is your responsibility to refer to these terms on a regular basis. By continuing to use the Sites and Content, you agree to such changes or additions.
These terms constitute the entire agreement between you and LSRFUR with respect to the subject matter and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter. These terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
No waiver by either party of any breach or default in relation to these terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
These terms are for the benefit of LSRFUR, its representatives, affiliates and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce terms which give them a benefit directly or on its own behalf.
If any provision of these terms is found by any court or legal authority to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall remain in force, and, to the extent possible, the provision shall be modified to ensure it is valid, enforceable and legal, whilst maintaining or giving effect to its commercial intention.